Saturday, October 16, 2010

BP9_e-Tutor Graphing Calculator

Since most of my students do not seem to think that buying a $100 calculator is worth it, this tool will at least give my students some basics.  I can have my students practice finding zeros, y-intercepts, intersections between curves, etc.  With this tool the students can input their own functions to manipulate.  The tool allows for multiple functions to be input.  Now when the students do not purchase what they need for my class, they will not loose out on all of the parts of the lessons in which they will need a graphing calculator.  The only down side I can see is that you cannot have it calculate values that you want calculated.  The cursor will move along the curves giving values, but you cannot select desired ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment