Friday, May 27, 2011

EDM613 - WK 4 Comm1 - Sandra Colby

It is refreshing that the authors understand that they do not have the fixes for our messy lives; but they do have great examples of how we might try to change our mindset so as to see a possibility of the fixes for our messy lives.  I agree that they have given us plenty of suggestions to not remain where we are.  Thanks for the insights.

Original -

The art of possibility has a lot of wisdom between its pages.  I was finishing the reading and was thinking about Dvorzak’s New World Symphony.  It is one of my favorite pieces as well, thinking that I have a copy on tape somewhere in my collection of music.  It was another gem that we performed either in high school or in college or both.

Photo by SL Colby
The Art of Possibility actually reminds me of spring flowers coming up through the earth and giving others the chance to start again. 

In the coda, the authors suggest: The book had no intentions of solving your problems or even letting you browse”.  (p. 198) I read it all the way through and thought there were more gems that I missed.

What they may have meant that is this book has a lot of suggestions for you to take into your life to help you, but it is in no way a solution to how you live your life.  For me I think that there are enough guidelines that I can use to move from this point forward.  I will think of myself as a new spring flower getting ready to greet the sun and turn myself into a different direction.  That is something that Full Sail University has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment